It's been a few weeks or so since my last post. Things have been a bit hairy at times, but seem to have settled down for a bit.
I did have a big health scare, and in fact will likely still be here in hospital for another 4-6 weeks. It sucks, but I am still alive to write this. Due to the side effects of some medications I have been taking it's not a case of "possible" organ failure - it's a case of "when." Got to love it when the cure is worse than the disease.
On to other matters that are far more enjoyable. Between its release into the FG store and the end of September there were 10 copies of Weird Wars Rome! To me that's pretty cool, somebody out there was actually willing to pay for something I worked on. It was rewarding enough for me to finish it and see it in the store. Never going to get rich converting material for FG, but its just icing on the cake.
That endlessly working fellow we know as Moon Wizard on the FG forums actually made some updates to the XML structure of the module to bring it inline with the changes coming in 3.2. Having had a look at those changes, I have seen a few bits in the modules I want to fix. There are a couple of persistent typos to get rid, and I noticed a couple places where I can do a better job on the XML. None of this affects the end user other than seeing words spelled correctly.
I have also been messing around with the theme extension, finding and deleting unneeded code, working to optimize images and that sort of stuff. My first go knocked the extension size in about half - but I have done a whole lot of tinkering with images since then.
There are still a couple images for the sidebar I need to get made up, but my plan is to have both the completed theme and the revised Rome modules uploaded in time to be pushed out as part of the live 3.2 release.
The Winter Eternal modules were actually reviewed and I submitted the fixes to the couple issues James found. That was all done before SmiteWorks decided to hold off releasing anymore Savage Worlds stuff until after 3.2 was released.
In keeping with the best practices info SmiteWorks has released and the direction they have given us community devs I will need to do a bit of work to break this into the two major component PDFs and the one sheets. Since everything is already in the XML it won't take as long to do break it down as sounds.I should have this wrapped up by next weekend.
The Last Parsec material I have completed just needs a couple small tweaks to bring it all within the guidelines SmiteWorks has laid out. Again, I am planning on putting it in their hands in the next 7-10 days.
The Tropicana Player's Guide has been finished for a bit, but due to the hold on SW products in FG I haven't done anything else with the material at this point. I will be picking this conversion once I get the other issues I have talked about in this post out of the way...so say two weeks or so. Really won't take me long to finish the Tropicana material off.
I do have a large collection of PDFs for all four of those settings, and my plan is to converts all of it. So time to stop rambling, get to work!