About Me

My photo

Known as Mortar on the forums I frequent

Sunday, 7 August 2016

#RPGaDAY2016 #RPGaDAY 7 Aug



Today's question: What aspect has had the biggest affect on me?

Personally, I am going to have to say the biggest effect on me has been pushing the boundaries of my creativity and imagination. I have also stepped outside my comfort zones at different times over the years. From the time I was three I have always enjoyed reading - yes I started early, and I am still a voracious devourer of books.

Once I started playing 1st edition AD&D back in the day, it was almost as if the beast within was released. I started world building, writing adventures and stories to fill those worlds. Right from the start I wanted to contribute to the hobby somehow. Way back when Dragon and Dungeon magazines were still TSR products, I even submitted several articles and adventures. Looking back now, those admissions were pretty amateurish and its a good thing they never actually got published.

I have not really finished travelling that road though, it has just gone in a different route than I originally envisioned. I have one completed conversion available for +Fantasy Grounds, another one for the gang at +Just Insert Imagination is in the queue for review before being published. I also have a "small" list of other products I would love to convert as well.

The itch to write is there, I have been working off and on for a couple of weeks on a really big Weird Wars Rome plot point campaign, and there a couple non rpg projects being worked on slowly, but progress is being made.