About Me

My photo

Known as Mortar on the forums I frequent

Monday, 8 August 2016

Day 8...The easiest question of them all for me



Today's question: hardcover, softcover or digital? Easy - all of them. I love books, and I love reading. I am not above owning multiple copies of a book in different formats. I am a proverbial kid in the candy store when I go into a book store or a game store.

Having said that, the bulk of my book purchases in the last three of four years have been digital. Partly because the nearest FLGS is a 30 minute drive on a good day, partly because of the cost of shipping. When it costs more to ship a book to me than the book costs, then its time to "settle" for the digital copy.

If I local group that played regularly then I would actually eat the extra cost to have the real deal in my hands. Currently, my only play time is on line so digital works. Plus it is way easier to do conversions for Fantasy Grounds with a digital copy - be interesting to try and do a conversion on a hard cover though.